Monday, January 19, 2015

Leaving Kendallville!

I found heaven in indiana!!! ;) 
Hey all you wonderful family and friends!

Nothin like being in an area for six weeks and leaving. This transfer went by so fast and they just keep getting faster. It is so crazy. I have loved serving here in Kendallville. Everyone here is so loving and sweet. There is definitely a special spirit here in this wonderful little town. 

This week was a spectacular week though. We found out that all the people named Jessica in Kendallville are the nicest people here. Haha! We had found some people named Jessica this week and they were all super nice. So we decided to look at all the people on the potentials list named Jessica and go and contact them. All those ones were nice too and agreed to lets us come back. It was so awesome!

I have learned once again that God is so aware of every single one of His children. For a little while i have felt so disconnected with my prayers. Like i wasnt getting answers and stuff. So i have been studying about praying this week. We also had interviews with the mission president and i talked to him about it. He told me that usually when you feel disconnected it means you arent being completely honest with your Heavenly Father. At first i didnt really understand what he was talking about. Then he explained that i need to tell Heavenly Father exactly how i feel my thoughts my feelings everything. He asked my if i told Heavenly Father that i felt like he wasnt answering my prayers and i said no and he asked my why not? and i didnt know why i hadnt. But then i got thinking about it and i kinda felt like i couldnt say that to God. Then president Porter told me that God already knows how you feel and if you talk to him about it he can help you through it. It helped so much. So that night i knelt down and seriously poured out my heart to my Heavenly Father. IT FELT SO GOOD!!!! Then i contined to study it for the rest of the week and went to church on Sunday and all that was talked about there was prayer too. It was amazing! I know that God truly does listen to our prayers. I dont know why it can be so hard to pour out your heart to Heavenly Father sometimes. But just know that he already knows. He wants you to talk about how you are feeling with him. He wants you to know that he loves you. Just do it! We teach this to people all the time i dont know why it took so much for me to do it too. But i promise it feels so much better when you talk to Him like that. I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ! I love my mission and everything that i learn. I love all of you guys and pray for you constantly! Keep smiling and staying strong!!! 
 
Love your sister Davis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment