Monday, June 2, 2014

Pray for others relieves our own stresses


Our apartment was so hot we decided
to plan in the fridge. 
My dearest family and friends!!

I love you all so much!! This week has been great. We are continuing to learn so many things. Last night we had the opportunity to eat at our ward mission leaders home. We absolutely love him and his family. He is such a hard worker and supports the missionaries in all of their efforts. Anyway, we had lasagna. I absolutely love lasagna. I have had so much lasagna on my mission you would think i would get tired of it. But it never fails it always tastes so good. I never knew it could be made in so many different ways. Besides the point of the Lasagna being so good the other sisters that were there as well gave this fantastic lesson to all of us. They talked about how praying for others relieves our own stresses that we feel. So last night i knelt down to say my prayers and i decided to pray only for others. Can i just tell you when i started praying for my family i just felt this overpowering love flood into my heart. I am so grateful for all of you and i love you all so so much!! 

We have been working a lot on finding new people to teach this week. Our mission president was inspired that every area in the mission will baptize a family in the month of June. So we are trying super hard to find our family. We have found some great potentials but now we just got to make it happen. I know we can do it with the grace of God. 

Funny thing that happened this week... we saw these people in our apartment complex so we decided to go over and start talking to them. Well they were hispanic and knew hardly any English. Well i hardly know any Spanish anymore and so we gave them a card when they saw the card was in English they asked for a Spanish one... we dont have any Spanish cards. Haha oh goodness it was a rough situation. 

I am so grateful for the opportunity that i have to serve a mission. I am learning so many things  that i will be able to use in my future family. I know Jesus Christ is our savior. I know he lives. He carries us through all the things we go through in life. But not only does he do that but he also rejoices in the joy we feel when we are happy. I know that he helps us be successful in the things we each try to accomplish each day and it is through him that we can make it happen. I love this work and i love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ! I love you all so much and pray for you always! Stay strong!!

I LOVE YOU!!! 
Love your sister Davis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment