Monday, July 21, 2014

I dont even know what to title this one :)

My dearest family and friends,

Just let me tell you about this week. haha it has been quite the week. I am just thankful Heavenly Father watches out for all his children. On wednesday morning we were on our way to interviews and we got in a car accident. Luckily it was just our car and we just hit a sign. The miracle of it was that the sign post we hit was rotting so it just knocked over but unfortuantely it took off our front bumper. Talk about adreneline rush. It was just not good. So that was our crazy adventure for the week.

Now for the fantastic miracles! We have been trying to hit the standard that was set for our mission. Last night (being the last night of the week) we needed one more lesson to teach and we needed one more new investigator to hit our goal that we had set. So we were walking in this neighborhood and said a prayer. I told Heavenly Father that we needed one more lesson and one more new investigator. I told him i would open my mouth if he would please just help me with the words to say and someone to say them to. So as we were walking there was this guy painting his door so we asked him if he would like some help. He said no and told us the story of why he was painting his door. Then his wife came outside so we started talking to her. We small talked for a while and then we talked about the gospel and why we were there and such. We got a return appointment and two new investigators. It was so awesome. It felt so natural talking to them. I know it was Heavenly Father answering my prayer in helping us know what to say.

The mission is not the easiest thing in the world but it is so possible. Everyday is another day to learn and to grow. There is this song we listen to in the car and it says (quoting from the scriptures) "They put to death every nephite that would not deny the Christ and i Moroni will not deny the Christ" I think that is so powerful. We as members of the church are becoming a more and more peculiar people. Sometimes it can be hard to stand up for what we know is right. But i promise you that life will be much more rewarding if you will always stand on that firm foundation and never ever deny the Christ. Always stand up for your God and your Savior. It is truly because of him that we are able to go through this life and learn and grow. I am so thankful for my Savior and i know he lives. He loves each and every one of you. Stay strong and know you all are in my prayers :) I love you!!
Love your sister Davis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment