Monday, July 28, 2014

Hello my friends and family Hello :)


I love you all so much!! I am so blessed to have the friends and family that i do. Every night when i kneel down to say my prayers i get the chance to reflect on how blessed i am to know that i have such fantastic family friends back at home or in other parts of the world. Thank you for all your love and prayers :) I know for a surety that Heavenly Father answers prayers.

This week all the days seemed to blend together. I am having a hard time remembering everything that happened.....

Oh okay so last week we felt that we should go and knock on some doors down this street. Not the most effective way to do missionary work but we do what we can. Not everyone was home but as we left one of the houses i told sister Blackburn that we needed to come back here another day. So on Monday evening we went back to that house and the lady that lives there is super humble and she told us that she wanted us to come back. She is going through some rough times with her kids and her son has a very strong resentment toward God. Which is so sad considering her son is only 14 but he has had some very special people in his life pass away. Which is sad that he is mad at God about it but i know that if he will listen to the spirit as we share the gospel with him it will bring so much peace to him. 

My companion and I seem to make really good friends with a lot of old men. Haha! There is this one old man that we met a while ago. He is pretty set in his ways. He doesnt have much desire to change. But we decided to go see him and see if he has softened up a little at all... he hasnt... but as we were walking down the road we saw him riding up the road in his little electric wheel chair and he told us that he has been looking for us. He said he was riding all over the place looking for us cause he hadnt seen us in a while. He is the sweetest guy! It made me laugh a little though to think of him riding in his wheel chair around town looking for us. :) 

Gods grace this week... we have been teaching this young couple who have very interesting beliefs as far as religion. The young man has very little belief in God. But we have committed him to pray and just ask if God is there. Last night when we met with him we asked him how he felt as he prayed. He says that he feels super calm. HE IS FEELING THE SPIRIT!!!! Yay!! We were so happy to hear that. Holy cow i know that God answers our prayers. 

I love my Heavenly Father and i know he has great things in store for each of us. I know families are forever. I know that Jesus Christ is my savior and he carries us through each day. I love you all so so much. And you are all in my prayers each day. Keep staying strong! I love you!!!

Love your sister Davis :) 
This is what a taxi looks like in India... :)
Apparently Kirsten loves all taxis
She has watched too many chick flicks  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment