Monday, May 12, 2014

Another week in the wonderful OCM (Ohio Cincinnati Mission) :)

Wow what an amazing week. So to start off it started out a little rough. Monday and Tuesday we were having a hard time and our faith was being shaken a tad bit but that doesnt stop us. The best cure for that is to go out and knock on some doors... or go out and talk to everyone you see. But thankfully the week got better. 


Beth and Bill's Wedding
Wednesday we got to attend a wedding of this couple that have been waiting to get baptized for a long time. They are the strongest people ever!! The other sisters in our area have been teaching them. Anyway they had to wait to get married because the husband was waiting for his divorce papers to go through which was a long process and things just were not workin out but finally they got to get married on wednesday. Then on saturday they were baptized. It was such an amazing baptism because... well all baptisms are amazing but this on especially because they had waited so long and worked so hard. They had everything up against them in being baptized but by they grace and love of God it all worked out. It was AMAZING!!! 

We got our transfer call this morning and sadly Sister Herndon is leaving me. She is the most amazing companion ever. I have made a new best friend and to overcome the things we have overcome, it will be a companionship that i will never forget. She is a hard dedicated servant of God.

I have the most wonderful family in all the universe. It was so great to see everyone yesterday and hear from them. I hope all the wonderful mothers had a great mothers day yesterday. I am so grateful for all the mothers in my life. Each of you have had a tremendous impact on me and i would not be where i am today without them. I am especially grateful for my mother. She is the most amazing humble christlike person i know. I look up to her so much. She has her testimony burning brightly within her. She knows who she is and what she stands for. Her faith is unshaken and she shares her love of the gospel with everyone she contacts just from the bright smile that is always on her face. She has always supported me in everything i do. I can always count on her to be in the stands cheerin me on. I hope to one day be the mother she is. Thank you so much for all the love and support you mothers out there give me and i love you all. 

What a great opportunity it is to be a missionary today. I love this work and i love my mission. It does get hard but i know the Lord provides the way to make it so possible. I love you all and you are all in my prayers. Stay strong out there!! 

Love your sister Davis :)

Moms additional comments:

It was so good to skype with Kirsten on Mother’s Day. She is happy and felt blessed to see her family. In the past her mission president only lets the missionaries call home and she said last Sunday she was laying in bed thinking all I want is to see my family. Monday morning she received a call from the mission president and she was told that she can skype home for Mother’s Day, Kirsten said that was a direct answer to her prayers.

I asked her if we can do anything for her and her reply was pray and read the Book of Mormon. I am blessed to have her great example in my life. Thank you for all you do to love and support us.
Love Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment