Monday, May 19, 2014

Hello Everybody! :) Area: Bright Indiana, Companion: Sister Shaunna Blackburn, Roy

Sister Blackburn and Sister Davis
Hey everyone! 

I hope all is going well for you! This week has been quite the experience. I have never been on my knees so much in my life. So last week was transfer week. Sister Herndon got transferred. But it was really funny because before she left she was like "Sister Davis you dont need to worry because you will get a companion that has been out for a while and knows what she is doing and it will all be good." Well when i get to the transfer meeting and they are announcing who our new companions are they announce that i am the senior companion and i will receive a junior companion. Yeah my companion has only been out for three months. One thing i am learning is how to fully rely on the Lord to lead us and keep us going. I know that the Lord is truly at the head of this work. It is His work and us missionaries are here to just be the messengers. I am learning to more fully listen to the promptings of the spirit and act one them.  He truly leads and guides us. We had an awesome experience the other day. We were in this neighborhood visiting this guy and we got done visiting and i thought we should walk down the street but i kinda ignored the thought and got in the car. As we were driving down the street i saw this lady out with her son. Then i thought we should talk to them. But i kept driving then i felt guilty that i didnt talk to her so we turned around and jumped out of the car and went over to talk to her. As we were talking to her right in the middle of my sentence she interrupted me and said "let me just tell you this. the other day when you were walking down the street my husband saw you and was so disappointed when you didnt knock on our door. Would you mind coming back when he is here to talk as well?" We were so excited! Miracles never cease out here in the mission field. 
It pays to have connections at the fire station! ;)

Another amazing miracle. We are teaching this 14 year old boy. The other day when we went to visit him we asked him how his Book of Mormon reading had been going? and he said it was going good. and we asked if he had prayed about it and he said yes and we were like have you gotten an answer and he said "yup sometimes when i am sitting in class i will just start to think about it and i get chills all up and down my body" holy cow what a testimony builder it was to me. If he can find out the Book of Mormon is true anyone can. All we have to do is listen to what the spirit is telling us. It is as simple as that. 


Well i love you all. I am so grateful to have such an awesome family and awesome friends. The prayers that are said are truly felt out here and i am so blessed to be here and am so blessed to have you all apart of my life. You all are in my prayers! Know that i love you so so much!! Stay strong :) 

Love your Sister Davis :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment