Monday, August 25, 2014

I just love you all!! :)




How are my dearest family and friends? I just want you all to know that I love you so much!! You are all in my prayers :)

We have had quite a fun week. We saw so many miracles. We had our zone conference this week. It was absolutely wonderful. President Porter talked about the power of our minds. It is amazing the power the mind truly has. Satan also works with our minds to try and make us believe that we aren't nearly as good as we think we are. But we each have a divine potential to one day become as our Heavenly Father. We are each special and we each have great things to accomplish here on earth. That is why we are here. The things that we have to experience here on earth are only for us to learn from. I invite you all to jump onto lds.org and look up the Mormon message called the will of God. That is my absolute favorite Mormon message. It brings the spirit so strong and just strengthens the testimony of knowing that we are children of God and we do have something miraculous to accomplish.

I have learned a lot this week. It was kinda a rough week. Things seemed to being going really slow and we had some moments of disappointment. But those moments we can now look back on and realize how much the Lord was truly putting us where we needed to be at that time. On Thursday we had some time where the things we had planned fell through and our backups fell through so we were out standing by the side of our car just outside our apartment deciding and thinking about where we should go and this young couple walked out and we all started talking to them. The young man on the couple was telling us of how he used to be and atheist and just recently found God. They were so much fun to talk to and super prepared. We set up a return appointment and went back on Friday. It was fantastic! There were also moments this week that we had only like ten minutes left in the day and we are asked to not go in until 9pm so it was like 8:50 and we knew there was something miraculous for us to do. So we decided we were going to find an 8:59 miracle. So we went and knocked on this door and the person opened it and we talked for a bit and they told us that we could come back and so we set a return appointment and got a new investigator. Man it was just so awesome.

Another fantastic thing that happened this week is we got to fix breakfast for some of the Bright Fire department. We have this member that volunteers at the fire department and he asked us to come and fix breakfast and share a message with the firemen. It was so fun. Brother Page (The guy that works there) asked us to make omelets and bacon haha well I thought I knew how to make omelets but... they quickly turned into scrambled eggs instead haha. We only set the smoke detectors off twice. They must be super sensitive at the fire department or something. But it was fun :) Then we got to share the message of the restoration with them and a couple of them even agreed to meet with us again and talk about it some more. So this week Brother Page is going to have a bbq at his house with them and we will be there too. It will be awesome.

I am so happy to be a missionary at this time in my life. I feel like I have learned so much and each week is another opportunity for me to learn something new and grow closer to my Heavenly Father and Savior. I know he is watching over us all. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful family and wonderful friends. Thank you for all you all do for me. I love you so much!!!
Love your sister Davis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment