Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Rain rain and more rain :)

Picture courtesy of Kathryn Krieger, she feeds the
missionaries every week and sends me a picture of them:)
It's raining miracles! Hallelujah!! Awe Yeah!!! :)

How are you all doing? I hope all is going well and I hope you each know how much I love you!!  This week was just full of Gods grace and miracles.

I will start off with a funny story first though. So last Monday night it was raining so hard and we were drenched. We had our umbrellas but the wind was blowing so hard that they were not helping one bit. Well later on in the evening it lightened up a little. We decided to go and see one of the less active members of the ward and unfortunately she was not home...by this time it was pretty dark outside and as we were walking down her steps I over stepped one of them and fell down the rest. Luckily there were only a couple steps left but the keys went flying and I was flat on my back on the ground. I hopped up and just started laughing so hard because it hurt so bad that if I didn't laugh I woulda cried. The next day I woke up with a beautiful bruise on my arm and a couple bruises on my back. Haha but it was all good and gave me and my companion a good laugh. I guess that is one thing a mission cannot change is my clumsiness ;)

Now for the wonderful miracles :) Okay so first one we were having a really tough week at finding people to teach. We would talk to everyone but people were just not wanting to hear it. But we knew that there had to be someone that wanted to listen. So we kept going. Then on Thursday we had this feeling that we needed to go back to a lady that we had talked to a couple weeks ago that said she wasn't interested at that time but she would give us a call if she had any questions. So went back and just talked to her and invited her to our trunk or treat that the ward is having. Well things eventually led into us talking about religion and more about the message we share and things like that. The spirit was there so strong and she asked us if we would come back and share more with her before we even had the chance to ask her ourselves. It was awesome.

Then we have this other investigator that we have been trying to teach for a while but things kept falling through but we finally got in with her this week. We shared to restoration lesson with her. When we finished the spirit was there so strong it was undeniable and she said to us that this is exactly what she was looking for. She said that she had been to a whole bunch of churches but this is the only one that she has seen that is set up exactly like it was when Christ was on the earth. She loved it. We invited her to pray and ask Heavenly Father if it was true and when we followed up with her the next day she said that she had prayed and she had the most peaceful night and morning after that. She recognized that as her answer that it was. She came to church on Sunday and loved every minute of it. We are so excited for her. She is such a character too she refers us to everyone as her "sistas" Oh man it makes me smile. :)

We also had an amazing sisters conference yesterday and they focused a lot on what it means to be a daughter of God. Which is something I thought I understood but I really had no idea what it truly meant to be a daughter of God. I just know that we as daughters have a great calling here on earth and we work super closely with our Heavenly Father in helping him fulfill his plan for each of us here on earth. I am so thankful to be and to know that I am a daughter of God and I testify to each of you that we all are divine children of God. I hope you all have a great week. Know that you are in my prayers and I love you so much!!!

Love your sister Davis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment