Monday, October 20, 2014

Time is flying by!

This is our wonderful district.
Hey all you wonderful family and friends!

I hope your week has gone good. This week was a great rainy week again. It is getting colder and fall is here! Thats okay though i love this time of year.

This week we get to go to the temple and i am so excited. I absolutely love the temple. The feeling of going to the temple cannot be described in words and the power you get from going to the temple is one that can only be obtained from the temple. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers as i attend the temple.

This last week was a pretty good week. We have one week left in this transfer. Holy cow the time is going by so fast. I cannot believe it is almost november. Time flies when you are having fun! We have had some awesome experiences this last week. We have this investigator who has been going through a ton right now. She got in a car accident and almost lost her son. He was in a comma for quite some time and just recently got home. I think i have talked about her in some of my previous emails. But anyway we took a member with us teaching to her this week. The member we took was so perfect for her. She bore such a powerful testimony and the spirit was so strong in the room. We shared the message of the restoration and afterward she (the investigator) asked us what our belief was about the after life. So we explained a brief Plan of Salvation lesson and shared with her what happens after we die. She looked at us and was like "The feels so much better than what i was taught as a Catholic." It is amazing how powerful Gods plan is for us. I love it and it stregthens my faith so much to know that our families can be together forever. That life does not end here and there is a place prepared for us all.


Price hill is one of the most dangerous parts
of cincinnati no worries though the
elders were with us here.
Okay so my funny moment of the week. So this week we were trying to find ways to make personal contacting fun. Cause sometimes it can just be super awkard. So i was talking to one of my sister training leaders and she said to pick words that we have to use in the conversation so i told my companion about this and we decided to try it out. Well the word my companion chose for me was pieapple... how was i supposed to use pineapple in this conversation.... so we go up to this person and offer them a card and start talking to him. Then i say "so are the pineapples better here than they are in utah?" and he kinda looks at me funny and then i say "because i am from utah and have never liked pineapples until i came to ohio." I was trying so hard not to laugh and they guy loosened up and we had a fun converstation about pineapples. haha it was fantastic. We make the most of the situations we are put in.

I just want you all to know that i know this gospel is so true. I know that the time is so limited and we need to all take every opportunity we can to share this gospel with whoever we can. I know the blessings of sharing the gospel are not measureable. Keep staying strong and know that i love you!!!
 
Love your sister Davis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment