Monday, March 31, 2014

STAYIN IN INDIANA!! :)

Sister Davis, Jean, Sister Herndon
Wahoo!! Made it through two transfers and luckily Sister Herndon and I get to stay here in the wonderful Lawrenceburg Indiana. Our work here is not yet finished. Thank goodness.

This week i am going to start out with an awkward funny story. So we went to a members home for dinner and they had two teenage boys there that are friends with their daughter. The boys are not members of the church so we gave them the first lesson and got to know them and all. Then when we finished and getting ready to leave the one of the boys came over to us and opened up his arms to give us a hug... well just as i was about to hug him back i remembered that we are not supposed to do that so i quickly stuck my hand out and was like "can i shake your hand instead?" Maybe it was a "kinda had to be there moment" but it was so funny and super awkward! But hey life as a missionary ;)

The womens conference was amazing. I cried through the whole thing. It is amazing to hear how important we are as daughters of God. We are all in this together. We all have the same goal in ming and that is to make it back home with our Heavenly Father. I loved how they talked a lot about keeping your covenants. Sister Herndon shared with me this morning in our studies that the way to recieve strength from the Lord is to 1. have faith 2. do not doubt 3. keep your covenants and 4. follow the spirit. I thought that was an awesome insight so i just wanted to share it with all of you.

I just want to echo what i said last week about the Book of Mormon. It truly changes hearts. I have not only seen it change the hearts of our investigators but also my own heart. When i first got out to the field i really struggled with loving my mission but as i have diligently studied the Book of Mormon and prayed a lot, i have come to truly love my mission. The other day as Sister Herndon and i finished up our last day of training we both started crying just thinking of how fast time has gone. I have been out on my mission for three months now. The time is flying by and i just got to continue working as hard as i can cause i am only here for a short period of time. But the power of the Book of Mormon is amazing. I never knew one little book could affect someone so much.

I just want to share my testimony with all of you. I know Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. I know He watches over us and our families. I know that i will be with my family for eternity and how grateful i am for that. I know The Book of Mormon is so true. I know it has a power within it that changes lives. I know we have prophet on earth today that leads and guides us to salvation. I know i am where i am at for a reason. He has great things in store for all of us. As His sons and daughters we can accomplish miracles. He sent us to this earth to succeed and He provides us a way to do that. I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I will serve them diligently and continue to serve them when i return. Thank you for all the love and prayers that is send from each of you. Enjoy conference this week! I love you all so dearly!

Love your Sister Davis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment