Friday, January 3, 2014

Stories from the MTC

This is an email Kirsten sent on January 2, 2013.  I love it!! It sounds just like her:)

Hey everyone!! 

Oh man thank you all for the wonderful emails. I wish I could personally email each of you back but I just don't have enough time. But know I love each of you so much and your emails help me so much as well. 

So will start off with a funny story/stories. Me and one of the other sisters were hiding from our companions behind the couch well to be funny I rolled out from behind it like a secret agent and beckoned for her to follow but she didn't want to so I well to roll back and as I rolled back I rolled right into the edge of the couch and hit my head on the corner...I may have bruised my forehead but I am okay and it was so funny. 

Another story, after gym one day we had study time, since it was the end of the day our district leader told us that we could just go back to class and study in our gym clothes. Yeah... bad idea. so we were all sittin there in the classroom all sprawled out on the floor studying... and laughing. Then all the sudden the door opens and in walks the mission president. After we explained why we were dressed the way we were he asked what we were studying and before I could even think about it I said "Repentance" (I really was studying that at the time) but everyone started laughing and then I realized that it fit in perfectly with what just happened.

 

I taught my companion how to do a handstand and I am able to tumble down the hallway and in the lobby thing of our residence hall. 

Elder Bednar came and spoke to us on Christmas. He passed out 200 phones and we got to text him questions. One of the questions that was asked was "Why do I feel so inadequate to do this work?" His reply was "Because you realize the importance of the work you are doing."

I have also learned that discouragement is a tool of the devil. So whatever you may be doing in life DO NOT get discouraged. You are much better than satan will ever tell you you are. 
I love you all so much!!
Love Sister Kirsten Kelly Davis :)
D&C 78:17-19

No comments:

Post a Comment